Thursday, February 02, 2012

Window Azure Error: One of the request inputs is out of range

Window Azure Error: One of the request inputs is out of range


I got his error when I was working with window azure blob Storage code

It's simple code but I got this error and not able to figure why, then I compare the code from MSDN only different I found the input parameter going with one upper case letter. Don't know what is the logic not accepting upper case character but when I change all as lower case then this error resolved.


C# Code

 // create blob container for images

blobStorage = storageAccount.CreateCloudBlobClient();
CloudBlobContainer container = blobStorage.GetContainerReference("Mypics");
container.CreateIfNotExist(); 


Error in above code
  • 'MyPics' string is wrong here changed to "mypics"

Some more observations

  • 'my pics" is wrong, No Space allowed
  • 'my_pics" is wrong, No Special character allowed
  • 'mypics123' is correct, Numbers are allowed

Above rules will be applicable to other methods too like

GetQueueReference();
GetBlockBlobReference();

No comments: