Saturday, December 01, 2012


Error: Resource cannot be found in MVC 3.0  application

I observed this error when I was working in one of MVC (Razor View) application, I got confused when all my page is available in correct View folder then why this error thrown. Finally I found there was no mistake from my implementation or page name etc.

Error:

Cause:
The problem was if you are running MVC application by Visual Studio and any of  view ( .cshtml or .aspx) file open (in Active tab) in Visual Studio and you are the running the application by clicking (F5 or Ctrl+F5) than you will get this error. Visual Studio not goes to start up page it is considering open page (in Active tab) as start up page.



Solution:
Close all view files (.cshtml or .aspx) and then run application by F5 or Ctrl+F5 or open .cs files in Active tab in Visual Studio. It ok to open .cs files.


No comments: