Thursday, December 18, 2014

Error: WCF - Cannot find the X.509 Certificate using the following search criteria...

I was getting this error when I have below lines of code on my WCF web.config file

"serviceCertificate findValue="WCfServer" storeLocation="CurrentUser" storeName="My" x509FindType="FindBySubjectName""

I have installed Server and Client certificate into MMC >> Personal and Trusted People but still when I try to browse my service from IIS I am getting same 'X.508 certificate...' error.

Solution

I found the issues, My app pool account in IIS was running under "ApplicationPoolIdentity" but since on my web.config and certificate installation done using "Current User",  So it is important to run your app pool account under your local Identity user Id. So I just change App pool account in IIS to run under my local window credential and it works for me. 

No comments: